A journey tip about belongings you would possibly love to do and see on Curacao.
– Queen Juliana Bridge, Willemstad. At 185 toes, that is highest bridge within the Caribbean (and one of many tallest bridges on the planet.) The bridge overlooks St. Anna Bay in addition to Willemstad. Be aware: The statement platform has been closed to pedestrian site visitors.
– Queen Emma Bridge (a.okay.a “The Swinging Previous Woman”), Willemstad. A floating pontoon bridge that hyperlinks the “Punda” (Level Facet) and the “Otrobanda” (Different Facet) of the Willemstad throughout the Sint Annabaai Channel. You get to see the bridge open and near away marine site visitors into St. Anna Bay. (Within the occasion the bridge is open for a protracted time, there’s a ferry service throughout the channel as effectively.)
– Christoffel Nationwide Park, A nationwide park that’s run by the by the Carmabi Basis. Christoffel Nationwide Park is house to Boca Grandi, Indian caves the place you may see work left by the Arawak Indians and Mount Christoffel. (At 1292 toes excessive, Mount Christoffel is the very best level in Curacao.) Tackle: West Level , Tel: +(5999)/864-0363,
– Shete Boka Nationwide Park, A nationwide park additionally run by the by the Carmabi Basis, Shete Boka is house to the “7 boca’s” together with Boca Tabla and Boca Pistol (also called “The Taking pictures Pistol”) In season, among the boca’s function sea turtle breeding grounds. Tackle: West Level, Tel: +(5999)/864-0444,
– Curacao Sea Aquarium, Residence of the Dolphin Academy. This is among the hottest points of interest in Curacao. For those who want to do a Dolphin exercise e-book as early as attainable! $entry value (is determined by exercise you select BUT paying for an exercise (similar to one thing on the Dolphin Academy) will get you entry to all the Aquarium. Tackle: Bapor Kibra Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/461-6666,
– Hato Caves, Open 7 days per week, with excursions 2 instances a day. Coral and limestone caves that was carved out under the ocean and born when the ocean stage dropped. There are stunning stalactite and stalagmite formations in addition to water swimming pools and a waterfall. The cave can also be house to a colony lengthy nostril fruit bats. (Due to the colony, pictures is proscribed and never allowed in sure chambers.) Tackle: F.D. Rooseveltweg Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/868-0379.
– Curacao Ostrich & Sport Farm, Santa Catharina. The Curacao Ostrich Farm is among the largest Ostrich farms outdoors Africa. The tour takes you across the ostrich pens and incubator. Meat from this farm is shipped to Aruba (Ostrich is a crimson meat, which is excessive in protein and low in fats.) Tackle: Tel: +(5999)/747-2777.
– Fort Amsterdam, The seat of the Netherlands Antilles, Fort Amsterdam sits on the mouth of the harbor on the finish of the Sint Annabaai Channel on the purpose. The advanced has eating places, outlets in addition to the Governors Palace. Tackle: Punda Facet, Willemstad.
– Fort Nassau, was constructed on the hill to defend each St. Anna Bay in addition to a part of the town of Willemstad. The fort is open for excursions and there may be additionally a restaurant that overlooks the bay. Tackle: Willemstad
– The Floating Market, the “floating market” is definitely a mini boat fleet that is available in from Venezuela and sells extremely recent fish and fruit at one of the best costs. Tackle: Punda Facet, Willemstad.
– Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue, the oldest synagogue within the western hemisphere, with a sand flooring and museum containing historical artifacts Tackle: Tel: 599-9-4611067,
– Museum Kura Hulanda, open Day by day from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. This anthropological museum chronicles the African slave commerce in addition to the cultures of Curacao. Entry: $9 Tackle: Willemstad. Cellphone: +5999 434 7765
– Postal Museum, Willemstad.
– Maritime Museum, Willemstad.