Episode 184 discusses with Ashley Otero and Patrick Watson what it is like for an astrologer to become a parent and some of the unique questions that arise in astrology education.
Ashley and Patrick are both professional astrologers who have become parents in recent years, and this experience raised many interesting questions for them in a number of areas.
For more information on Ashley, please visit: CosmicSoupBowl.com
For more information on Patrick, please visit: PatrickWatsonastrology.com
Here are some of the questions we tried to answer in this discussion:
- What is it like to be a parent and astrologer?
- Are there factors in demarcating a kids chart that feel unethical?
- Does it feel unethical or risky to use astrology to predict aspects of a child’s future?
- If you speculate about the probabilities of your child’s (or any other child’s) chart, is there a risk that the parents’ perceptions of the child’s life and choices may be inadvertently influenced?
- Were there any milestones where you recorded the date and time of occurrence to create a chart?
- Or is that taking a person from the present?
- Have you personally seen how transits in your child’s table manifested themselves more directly in your life than in their life (e.g. the transits of the 7th or 10th house)?
- How does observing the 4th / 10th Your child’s home your perception of yourself and has it helped you decide how to behave with your child / children?
- Have you found that you can even out differences between you and your children by consulting the composite table or comparing the birth cards?
- Some astrologers who are also parents may be afraid of approaching transits that their child / children will experience (such as Mars transits or other character-building transits from outer planets). Did you experience this or have you managed to find a way to deal with transit attempts, such as the return to Mars that occurs around the age of two?
- How do you rate the zodiac release periods of children’s charts – especially for careers?
If you are an astrologer and a parent, let us know what you think on some of the questions we discussed in this episode in the comments section below.
Check out the video version of this episode
Here is the video version of this episode from our site on YouTube:
Listen to the audio version of this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly on the internet
Website or download it to your computer as MP3 using the buttons