Last week, Mr. Giuliani was on his New York City-based radio show and said, “As long as you have Dominion, there is a clear and present danger” that the election results could be tampered with. He added that he had “evidence to back up his claims”.
Dominion has announced that it will file additional lawsuits. The lawsuit against Mr Giuliani states that he worked with other prominent conservatives and news networks, including Mike Lindell, Lou Dobbs, Fox News, Fox Business, Newsmax, and One America News Network.
Mr. Clare, Dominion’s attorney, left open the possibility of litigation against Mr. Trump.
“We’re not excluding anyone,” he said. “Obviously, this lawsuit against the president’s attorney moves one step closer to the former president and understands what his role was and what wasn’t.”
The Dominion threats have sparked some conciliatory responses from conservative news outlets in hopes of avoiding litigation. This month the American thinker, a conservative website, posted an apology stating that their reports on Dominion “are totally false and in fact have no basis” and that “it was wrong for us to publish these false statements”.
Mr Giuliani was one of the main public faces in the effort to reverse the election results. Mr Trump rarely appeared in public and preferred to send broad pages against the democratic process on Twitter.
Dominion argues that Mr. Giuliani benefited significantly from his false claims. He reportedly charged “$ 20,000 a day” for legal services to Mr Trump and “made money by hosting a podcast in which he exploited electoral gaps to market gold coins and supplements, cigars and protection from ‘cyber thieves.’ . “
The lawsuit notes the rapid and widespread use of the lies and false stories that led to the unrest in the Capitol. “Over a period of three hours on December 21, 2020, the terms” domination “and” fraud “were tweeted together by more than 2,200 users with a total of over 8.75 million followers,” the lawsuit said.