In episode 140 of the podcast, astrologers Austin Coppock and Patrick Watson join the show to talk about the Saturn transit through Capricorn, which will take place from December 2017 to December 2020.
We begin the episode by talking about the nature of the planet Saturn and the zodiac sign Capricorn and how their meanings were conceived in both ancient times and modern times.
Finally, let’s move on to a discussion of some of the issues that emerged in the world during the past Saturn transits in Capricorn, and how we expect some of these issues to manifest during the current transit.
Past birth and world examples are discussed, followed by an overview of the next few years.
For more information on this subject, see Austin’s article on Saturn in Capricorn.
See also Patrick’s video workshop entitled Sunshine, Rainbows & Daisies: Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn 2018-2020.
This episode is available in both a video and an audio version.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode of the podcast.
News and announcements
Our astrology calendar posters for 2018 are still for sale, although there have been some shipping delays as the poster tubes roll off the conveyor belts and are delayed in the USPS system.
If there is a delay in receiving your data, please email Chris for more information on possible solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m switching to shipping to Amazon to fix these issues. You can already order the posters on this page.
- Review of Saturn meanings.
- Reading passages by Vettius Valens and Richard Tarnas.
- Saturn ruling Capricorn.
- Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions triple cycle context.
- Saturn moves in conjunction with Pluto.
- Detention and Fixation
- Planning and panic
- Fear. Increased fear.
- History, past, dead
- Credit where credit is due
- Strategies / Advice 😕
- Natal examples:
- Michael J. Fox – Nov 13, 1990 – First sign of Parkinson’s while returning to Saturn
- James Earl Jones – “One Spring Day 1960” – “Breakthrough As an Actor” who appeared in Henry V in the first “Shakespeare in Central Park”, starred on the New York stage that same year.
- Charles Dickens – role of Saturn in Capricorn in his life – focus of the writings on poverty, hard times, misery due to the experience of the father in the debtor prison, controversial return of Saturn to America (January 3, 1842), visited American prisons.
- Saturn returns from Uranus-Neptune-Saturn in the Capricorn generation that was born in the late 80s / early 90s.
- Historical examples (mundane):
- US 29-32 – Establishment of the Federal Bureau of Prisons on Riker’s Island
- 59-62 – Berlin Wall built,
- 89-92 – Berlin Wall falls, construction of the Colorado Supermax prison
- Timeline for the next few years:
- 2018: Mars is present in Cap for 3 months due to the regression.
- 2019: SN in Cap (solar January 5, moon July 16, solar December 25!), Sat-Plut v. Close, sextile Neptune
- 2020: Lunar eclipse in Cap, July 4th (!!!) Sat-Pluto completed in Jan. Jupiter Copresent. Back and forth cap <->Aqua, Square Mars RX Aries.
Check out the video version of this episode
Here is the video version of this month’s forecast episode:
Listen to the audio version of this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: