In episode 131 of the podcast, astrologers Leisa Schaim and Patrick Watson join the show to talk about some examples of Saturn return we’ve seen over the past few years as Saturn went through the Sagittarius zodiac sign.
Our sample charts include a mix of celebrity charts, charts from friends or people we know personally, as well as a number of examples submitted by listeners to the podcast who shared their stories with us and agreed to to let us share their charts.
Most of these are examples of the first Saturn return occurring in their late twenties, although we also have an example of a second Saturn return in Sagittarius that we will talk about as well.
This is a continuation of episode 45 about Saturn in Sagittarius, which we recorded in 2015 when Saturn first moved into this sign, where we talked about some of the topics we expected in the course of this transit.
We got a lot of great Saturn feedback from listeners on the show, but unfortunately we weren’t able to talk about all of them due to time constraints. If you are among the people who have Saturn in Sagittarius and want to share your story, we’d love to hear from you in the comments section below. It would probably be best if the comments were kept short, e.g. B. a summary of your return to Saturn in 2-3 paragraphs as well as your placements or dates of birth.
You can find more information about Patrick on his website at PatrickWatsonAstrology.com and on his YouTube channel.
You can find more information about Leisa on their website LeisaSchaim.com. Leisa is presenting a webinar on Saturn Return for Night Light Astrology on November 15th and has a replay of the same talk on Saturn Return and Sect on her website.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode of the podcast.
This episode is available in both audio and video versions. Links to both can be found at the bottom of this page.
Here is an overview of some of the things we talked about in this episode:
- Over two years since we did the Saturn in Sag Podcast.
- Return to share some of the stories we’ve seen since then.
- Take a look at what the Saturn Return is theoretically all about.
- Key keywords and topics from Saturn generally return:
- Important successes
- Big falls
- Reassessment of one’s own life choices
- Endings and Beginnings
- Hard work / perseverance, tests, challenges
- Reality principle / making things real
- Our principles of interpretation for the manifestation:
- The sign and degree that Saturn is in.
- The house that Saturn is in.
- The two houses that Saturn rules using traditional dominions.
- The sect of the card (day versus night).
- Whether Saturn has dignity or reception (see previous episode on Mitigating Factors in Astrology).
- Bonused or corrupted by aspects with other planets (see Chris’ class on bonuses and abuse for more).
- We have a mix of Saturn return stories to talk about.
- Celebrities, friends, customers.
- Different perspectives are beneficial for different reasons.
- One problem to note is that this is not the only thing that happens in the table.
- Other timing techniques and transits are underway.
- It’s just that sometimes the Saturn narrative really stands out on some charts.
- Saturn in Sag and how that has manifested itself in the world in general.
- Super literal manifestation of much of this in relation to worldly astrology.
- We will focus on the first Saturn returns, although a few seconds return.
- The Saturn-Uranus conjunction for those born in the 80s has a unique component in many stories.
- Often something unexpected.
- Unexpected disturbance.
- Unexpected reversal.
- Many people who wrote were day passes.
- It’s a little easier to talk about as they are usually not that difficult.
- Some of the night charts that have been written had pretty difficult histories.
- Leisa: That is my counter-argument against “don’t be afraid of people” with negative stories, because often people only hear about the more positive ones and feel bad if they have a hard time during their own return to Saturn
- Each of the natal charts listed below was discussed in the order in which they are listed:
Discussed natal charts
Here are PDF files of all of the diagrams we discussed below:
More information on Saturn Returns
Here are some relevant links for more information on our approach to interpreting Saturn returns:
Check out the video version of this episode
Here is the video version of this episode:
Listen to the audio version of this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: