TORONTO – The organizers of the nationwide music festival Boots and Hearts are pulling the plug for this year’s summer event.
Republic Live announced Monday that ongoing COVID-19 restrictions in Ontario made it impossible to advance their plan of holding massive concerts in less than four months.
Boots and Hearts is one of the largest music festivals in the province and was scheduled to take place on August 5th at the Burl’s Creek event site in Oro-Medonte, Ontario, about 30 kilometers north of Barrie.
Country stars booked to perform included Dan + Shay, Sam Hunt, and Eric Church.
Summer music festivals have been in a tough spot as COVID-19 cases loom across the country and it is uncertain whether crowds can gather by July and August.
Many of the Canadian music festivals have chosen to forego planning a 2021 season while others have been dropped, including the RBC Bluesfest in Ottawa and the Country Thunder Festivals in Craven, Sask. and Calgary.
A few festivals are still on the agenda, including the Calgary Folk Music Festival, which will be “cautiously optimistic and adaptable” this year, and the Montreal Osheaga Music and Arts Festival, which said last week it was “too early to know about it Our summer festivals right now as Montreal is still in a red zone. “
The organizers of the Boots and Hearts festival said they have booked the next four-day Boots and Hearts festival for August 4, 2022.
This year’s Boots and Hearts pass holders will get a guaranteed “best price,” ticket to the 2022 event, Republic Live said. Full refund details will be emailed to ticket holders this week.
Show link »