In episode 105, Israeli astrologer Michael Ofek joins the show to speak about the important, but often overlooked, role that the concept of light as a rationale plays in many different areas of astrology.
The discussion is based on Michael’s research on the role of light in astrology over the past decade and a number of lectures he has given on the subject over the past few years.
For more information on Michael’s work, please visit his website: www.ofek-sky.com.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode of the podcast.
Sponsors and freebies for April
At the beginning of this episode, I’ll briefly talk about the freebies for April:
- A pass to the upcoming Northwest Astrological Conference taking place on May 25th– –29, 2017 in Seattle, Washington.
- A copy of Ben Dykes’ new translation by Dorotheus of Sidon which will be published later this month.
For more information on the giveaway and how to enter, please visit the April description page.
Some of the points that we will address below:
- Light as a basic concept in almost all areas of astrology.
- Planets and their phase relationship to the sun, especially heliacal rising and setting.
- Planets that reflect light from the sun, just like the moon.
- The concept of the sect and the distinction between day and night cards.
- The tropical zodiac is based on the relationship between the earth and the sun and different amounts of light.
- The houses that are above or below the horizon and the connection with light and darkness.
- The concept of aspects associated with ancient views of visual rays of light.
- Plumb calculations as projected light relationships and the reasoning behind the part of happiness are based on the idea of getting from light to dark.
- The way in which light was considered fundamental in most ancient traditions, especially the Hellenistic, Indian and medieval traditions.
A full transcript of this episode is available: Episode 105 Transcript
Check out this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: