In episode 103, astrologer Kelly Surtees participates in the show to answer questions from listeners and supporters of the podcast on various astrological topics.
We received so many questions for our final Q&A episode which was episode 100 that we decided to do a follow-up show with just Kelly and Chris to do the rest. In the end it took us about 2 hours, but we made it through all of them!
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode of the podcast.
Announcement of the competition for April
At the top of this episode, I announce the competitions for April:
- A pass to the upcoming Northwest Astrological Conference taking place on May 25th– –29, 2017 in Seattle, Washington. Reduced registration prices for NORWAC end on April 22nd. Register now at a lower price.
- A copy of Ben Dykes’ new translation by Dorotheus of Sidon which will be published later this month.
For more information on the giveaway and how to enter, please visit the April description page.
Here are shortened versions of some of the question topics we talked about over the course of the episode:
- What are the different branches and traditions of astrology? See also episode 29.
- How do you reconcile different schools and approaches that are inconsistent with one another?
- How do you deal with the myriad of new astronomical discoveries?
- Where do you see astrology in the future professionally and publicly?
- Are you considering secondary advances or transits when choosing an option?
- How do new moons and the concept of Under the Beams relate to elections and the start of new projects?
- Did ancient and traditional astrologers use relocated cards?
- How are planetary speed and stations used as principles of interpretation?
- What are some of your reasons for believing in the validity of astrology?
- What are the strongest arguments against the validity of astrology?
Thank you to all of our customers who sent questions!
Check out this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: