The podcast has reached an important milestone and this is the 100th episode of the show!
To celebrate the 100th episode, we had a question-and-answer session with astrologers Chris Brennan, Patrick Watson, Leisa Schaim, and Nick Dagan Best.
The day before we recorded the episode, we posted a call for questions from both listeners and viewers of the show and we ended up asking a lot of questions! In fact, there were so many questions that we only answered half or fewer of them in this episode. So we’ll likely be doing a follow-up Q&A episode in April to answer the rest.
We ran into some technical issues while recording this episode and weren’t sure if they could be saved, but our sound engineer was able to save the day and put a full episode together from what we gave him. The first part of the discussion is just between Chris, Patrick and Leisa, and then about 54 minutes in Nick joined the show.
Sweepstakes for March
At the beginning of the show, let’s briefly talk about the two freebies for March:
- A free pass to the Professional Astrology Organization’s upcoming retreat, which will take place October 19-22, 2017 in Utah’s beautiful Zion National Park.
- A signed copy of my new book Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate and Fortune.
For more information on the giveaway and how to enter, see the March description page.
Episode overview, topics covered and questions answered
- We open the show and talk about how it’s the 100th episode.
- Discuss giveaway prices for customers this month, and then the main Q&A starts at 6:30 am.
- Nick comes on the show at 5:45 p.m.
- What is the theme song of the podcast?
- Are election cards the reverse / mirror image of a horary chart?
- Which timing techniques do you prefer / prioritize?
- The Tyranny of the Ascending Signs: Where do you draw the line when applying elective astrology or astrology in general to your life?
- Do you use declinations in your practice?
- What is something about your natal chart that you personally resonate with? (Some of the answers to this question were lost due to audio issues.)
- How has practicing astrology affected who you are as a person and your worldview?
- How would you interpret / reconcile these cases if the MC is in a different sign than the 10th whole sign house?
- How smoothly did your conceptual transition to the use of entire sign houses go?
- How do you go about interpreting the link between an evildoer and a benefactor?
- What is the interpretive difference between inferior and superior conjunctions in relation to synodic cycles?
Check out this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: