In episode 95 of the podcast, astrologers Austin Coppock and Kelly Surtees join the show to talk about some of the top astrological alignments coming up in 2017.
We’ll start with a quick look back at some of the main topics that came up over the past year and talk about them in light of the forecast episode we released last December.
We later began a full discussion of 2017 astrology, which included lots of activity in late Fire signs, a major solar eclipse in Leo that will traverse the entire continent of the United States in August, and a series of Jupiter-Uranus oppositions in Aries / Libra before Jupiter moves into Scorpio in October.
Below is a rundown of some of the different topics we touched on over the course of the show, followed by links to download or stream the recording.
Competition prices announced for January / February
At the beginning of the show, I announce our two sponsors for the next few months as well as the giveaway that we are working with them to give to the visitors of the show.
For this month’s raffle, we will be giving away a pass to the upcoming Northwest Astrological Conference taking place in Seattle this May, as well as a copy of a new 2-CD package from The Mountain Astrologer magazine that includes copies of every issue released as of 2007– –2010.
For more information about the giveaway and how to take part in a chance to win, see the giveaway description page for January / February.
Announcement of auspicious elections
The other announcement I make in this episode is that from now on we will move the auspicious election segment of the monthly forecast episodes and turn it into a separate 45 minute discussion that will be available to viewers of the show.
Since I am no longer writing the election column for TMA, I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue the election segment into the monthly forecast episodes, mainly because finding four elections each month is a lot of work. However, this seems like the best solution that allows me to keep offering it while I am doing it so that I can justify the time spent monthly on it.
The plan is for Leisa Schaim and I to record a separate 45 minute podcast each month with the cheap choices for the next month, which will be released each month at or not long after the monthly forecast episode.
The auspicious polls will only be available to viewers of the show who sign up for the $ 5 tier or higher. If you want to get access, all you have to do is login to become a user on our Patreon site.
I will continue to highlight one auspicious choice in the monthly forecast episodes with Austin and Kelly each month. The best choice for the coming month is:
- January 6th at 5:20 pm with 23 cancer rising
- Moon in Taurus raised in the 11th, in a night card, application to sextile with Venus at 3 Pisces, mutual reception.
- Emphasizes the themes of the 11th and 9th houses.
- Jupiter angular in Libra in 4th.
- Mercury retro but siting directly.
The full election sequence for January will be sent to customers in the next few days. Register now if you want to receive them!
Main signatures for 2017
- Leo solar eclipse in August and shift of this axis from Virgo-Pisces to Leo-Aquarius in general.
- Venus is retrograde in Aries / Pisces, reminding us back 8 years.
- Jupiter-Uranus opposition every now and then for most of the year.
- Final phases of Saturn in Sagittarius, followed by the beginning of Saturn in Capricorn.
- Saturn-Uranus trine
- Jupiter-Neptune trine
Complete list of key alignments for 2017
- Mercury directly on the 28th Sagittarius January 8th
- Jupiter stations retrograde on February 23 at 11 p.m. Libra
- The Venus stations are retrograde on March 4th at 1pm
- Saturn stations declined on April 27 at 27 Sagittarius
- Mercury stations in decline on April 9 at 4 Taurus
- Venus stops right at 26 Pisces on April 14th
- Pluto stations declining on April 20 at 19 Capricorn
- Mercury stations right on Aries 24th on May 3rd
- True Node moves into Leo on May 9th
- Jupiter stations right on June 13th at 1 p.m. Libra
- Neptune stations in decline by 14 fish June 16
- Uranus declined at 28 Aries on August 3rd
- Mercury retrograde at 11 Virgo on August 13th.
- August solar eclipse that everyone is talking about.
- August 21
- Occurs at 28 Leo
- The shadow moves across the entire continent of the United States
- Saturn stations directly on 21st Sagittarius August 25th
- Pluto stations right on the 16th Capricorn on September 27th
- Mercury stations right on September 28th at 28 Leo
- Jupiter moves into Scorpio on October 11th
- Saturn moves into Capricorn on December 20th.
- It was preceded by a Mercury Retro in Sag, the stations of which are right around the same time.
Check out this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it to your computer as an MP3 by using the buttons below: