In ep. 83 of the podcast there is an interview with the astrologer Ian Waisler about his work in the organization of the Queer Astrology Conference in recent years.
For more information on the conference, please visit QueerAstrology.com.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode.
Raffle prizes for July
This is the first episode of July, and in it I’m announcing the prizes for the giveaway we’re running for the show’s patrons at the end of the month.
Prizes this month include a free copy of the Solar Fire astrology software program and a one-year subscription to a new online astrology program called Archetypal Explorer.
For more information on how to enter the drawing, see the July giveaway description page.
- Speaking of Ian’s background.
- Creation of the first conference.
- A group of younger astrologers met at UAC 2012 and found that there was a lack of conversation on queer issues.
- The process of preparing for the first conference and the speakers’ meeting.
- The first Queer Astrology Conference took place from July 20-21, 2013 in San Francisco at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
- It was the first conference of its kind in the astrological community.
- Quality of flexibility and exploration at the first conference, not knowing exactly what the end result would be.
- Definition of the term “queer”.
- From Ian’s article in the book: “Queer, by and large, refers to anyone who does not adhere to traditional patterns and norms.”
- Discussion of various topics that arose in particular from the first conference, as well as the format.
- Publication of a book with lectures from the first conference: Queer Astrology Anthology, edited by Ian Waisler and Rhea Wolf.
- The second Queer Astrology Conference took place from March 20-22, 2015 in San Francisco.
- The organization of the third conference for 2017 is just starting.
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: