Episode 80 contains an interview with astrologer Rick Levine about the process and techniques involved in writing a regular horoscope column using sun sign astrology.
For more information about Rick, please visit his website at www.stariq.com.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of this episode.
Raffle prizes for June
We’re giving away a giveaway for patrons of the show at the end of the month, and prizes include a one-year subscription to The Mountain Astrologer Magazine and a pass to the upcoming ISAR astrology conference in California in October. Please visit the June giveaway description page for more information.
- Rick’s background in astrology and how he got into it.
- Different areas of interest and emphases in astrology.
- How he came to create StarIQ.com with his friend Jeff Jawer.
- How he got into writing a syndicated horoscope column.
- Different types of pillars:
- Annual, monthly and daily newspapers.
- Eight years of writing the Barnes & Nobles yearbook Your astrology guide with Jeff.
- How far ahead are the columns written?
- Thoughts on the pros and cons of sun sign astrology.
- Sun sign pillars as a gateway for many into the astrological community.
- How to teach astrology to the general public without using jargon.
- Horoscopes as a kind of prediction. As a form of fortune telling?
- Techniques Used When Writing a Sun Sign Column:
- Derivative whole character houses from the sun.
- Retrograde stations
- How has your approach to column writing changed over the years?
- How do you come up with new content or avoid repeating yourself over time?
- Do you get weird fan mail?
- What is it like to interact with a wider audience of astrology enthusiasts?
A full transcript of this episode is available: Transcript of Episode 80
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: