Episode 78 of the podcast features a discussion of the astrological outlook for June 2016 with astrologers Kelley Surtees and Austin Coppock.
This month features the second of two exact Saturn-Neptune squares, the Martian transit stationed directly at 23 Scorpio, a variable Grand Cross and much more.
I have also highlighted some promising dates for starting various types of ventures and ventures using the principles of astrology of choice.
We start the show with some remarks about the recent Mercury retrograde period that was just ending, then we did the drawing for this month’s awards ceremony for the show’s patrons, and then we talked about the major planetary alignments for the next month.
We’re doing our first question-and-answer show next month. So if you have any questions please email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, the cover of this episode is from the PlanetWatcher Astrology Calendar 2016.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording of our discussion.
Sweepstakes drawing for May
At the beginning of this episode, we ran the drawing and announced the winners of our first monthly competition for the patrons of the podcast. This is part of a new plan to meet our next funding target on Patreon to improve the tone of interviews on the show by sending high quality microphones and headphones to guests.
This is one of the new benefits for Level 5 and $ 10 Patrons, as explained in this post about the first giveaway on the podcast blog.
$ 5 level drawings
- The first prize for the $ 5 tier was a copy of the Kelly Surtees e-book Saturn in Sagittarius: Focus Your Fire. The winner was listener Kerian Nox.
- Second prize was a copy of Ben Dykes’ new talk entitled Two Special Configurations: Aversion and Decimation. The winner was the listener Amanda Wiant.
- The third prize was a copy of Demetra George’s talk entitled Integrating Traditional and Modern Methods. The winner was the listener Kay Alexander.
$ 10 level drawing
This month’s grand prize for patrons in the $ 10 tier is a 12-talk conference pass for Breaking Down the Borders 4 hosted by the International Academy of Astrology. This is an online conference taking place November 18-20, 2016, with over 48 speakers from around the world speaking in an innovative live webinar format.
The winner of the raffle was Christine Stone, a listener!
Thank you to all of our sponsors who donated prizes for this month’s drawing! Visit their websites for more information on some of the prices on offer this month.
I’m in the process of putting the prizes together for the next month, but the grand prize for the next month’s $ 10 tier has already been set and it will be a full pass to the October ISAR conference. I will have more details on this soon. If you want to qualify for a prize in the next month’s drawing, all you have to do is sign up to become a Patron of the Astrology Podcast at level 5 or $ 10.
Astrological aspects for June (from 28:55)
- New moon in Gemini June 4th
- Mercury-Mars opposition June 9th
- Mercury invades Gemini on June 12th
- Neptune stations in decline June 13th
- Saturn squares Neptune June 17th
- Venus invades Cancer June 17th
- Full moon in Sagittarius June 20th
- Sun penetrates Cancer June 20th
- Jupiter conjunct north node June 21st
- Jupiter trine Pluto, June 26th June
- Mars stations right on June 29th
- Mercury invades Cancer June 29th
Favorable dates for June
This month’s elections were selected by Leisa Schaim, who offers astrological election counseling on her website at LeisaSchaim.com.
- June 4th, 2016 at 7:50 p.m. with the Sagittarius getting up early – Jupiter in Virgo in the 10th moon connects Venus and the sun in the 7th Mercury in Taurus, but weakened if one aspects the MC.
- Jun 21, 2016 at 11:45 am with mean virgin ascending – Mercury in Gemini in the 10th, related to the square Jupiter. Moon in Capricorn in the 5th trine Jupiter.
- June 25, 2016 at 1:25 p.m. with the scales getting up early – Venus in Cancer in the 10th, related to the sextile Jupiter. Moon in Pisces, Trine Venus.
- June 30, 2016 at 2:20 a.m. with bull ascending – Venus in Cancer in the 3rd, for Sextiel Jupiter. Moon in Taurus in the 1st sublime, which applies to Venus and Jupiter.
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: