In episode 71, astrologer Lee Lehman takes part in the show to discuss medical astrology and some of the ways astrology and medicine have been used together since ancient times.
Lee is the author of a book on medical astrology called Traditional Medical Astrology.
For more information on Lee’s work, please visit her website at LeeLehman.com.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording.
Here are some of the topics we covered over the course of the episode:
- Lee’s background and interest in astrology and medicine.
- Book published in 2012: Traditional medical astrology.
- Has a traditional orientation as most medical astrologies were formulated in the Middle Ages.
- Doctors were trained in astrology
- There were chairs for astrology at the universities.
- Theoretical foundations of ancient medicine
- Hippocratic and galenic medicine
- The elements, humor and temperaments
- Hot, cold, wet, dry.
- Sanguine, choleric, melancholic, phlegmatic.
- Health through the balance of temperaments.
- Similar idea in Indian astrology / medicine / Ayurveda.
- Determine your own temperament using the natal chart.
- How to get temperaments through foods, practices, etc.
- Recognizing weaknesses in the body that can lead to disease.
- Analysis of the 1st and 6th house with regard to the pattern of disease prevalence.
- Various branches relevant to medical astrology:
- Natal astrology
- Elective Astrology
- Hour Astrology
- Astrology as a diagnostic tool when other tools did not exist.
- Use of elective astrology for surgery appointments.
- Options for non-surgical health treatments.
- Prediction of the course of the disease using critical day theory, using the natal chart.
- Longevity and questions about the service life.
- Reshaping Lifetime Technique as Stages That Can Be Difficult for Vitality.
- Ethical and Legal Issues Related to the Practice of Medical Astrology in Modern Times.
- Adapting traditional astrology to current sociological and medical trends.
A full transcript of this episode is available here: Transcript of Episode 71
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: