In episode 70, astrologers Nick Dagan Best and Austin Coppock talk about the retrograde periods of Mars and their importance in astrology.
In particular, the focus was on understanding the upcoming Mars retrograde period in Sagittarius and Scorpio, which is slated to begin in April 2016.
Below are the show notes, followed by links to download or stream the recording:
Some of the topics we touched on over the course of the episode are:
- What does mars mean?
- What does it mean when a planet, or Mars in particular, is retrograde?
- Mars in decline from an astronomical point of view.
- How often does it happen?
- How long does it take?
- What are the important points during a retrograde cycle?
- Periods of shadow.
- Retrograde cycles that repeat in 15-year increments.
- How are retrograde cycles applied to natal charts in practice?
- What makes one card more responsive to Mars retro than another?
- Things that are unique to that particular step backwards in Sagittarius / Scorpio.
- Stations RX April 17th at 8 Sagittarius, near the fixed star Antares.
- Opposition 21./22. May at 1/2 Sagittarius. Coincides with the full moon in Sag.
- Mercury then also stationed directly in Taurus.
- May 27th Mars Rx invades Scorpio
- Stations right on 23 Scorpio June 29th.
- Examples from the past.
- Famous people.
- Some tips for further studying the retro periods of Mars.
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: