Episode 65 contains an interview with astrologer Maurice Fernandez about a new book called The Professional Astrologer: Building a Successful Astrology Practice.
Published by the Organization for Professional Astrology (OPA), of which Maurice is president, the book contains contributions from a wide variety of practicing astrologers who provide an overview of the field of astrology as a profession or calling.
The purpose of the book is to guide people in making the transition from astrology as a hobby to a full-time professional job.
You can order the book online via Amazon:
The Professional Astrologer: Building a Successful Astrology Practice on Amazon
Below is an overview of some of the topics covered throughout the episode, followed by links to download or stream the recording.
Some of the different topics we covered during the course of this episode are:
- Background information on organization for professional astrology.
- Discuss the purpose of the book and the goals the organization wanted to achieve.
- Identify areas of potential growth within the astrological community.
- Improving the public perception of astrology.
- Astrologers help you feel safe in what they are doing.
- Identify various demographics within the field.
- Provide an overview of some of the different chapters in the book.
Various chapters and sections of the book discussed during the interview:
- Donna Young – The different orientations in astrology
- Maurice Fernandez – Establishing and maintaining a successful practice
- Sandra-Leigh Serio – Consultations, advice and ethical considerations
- Chris McRae – The financial equation
- Georgia Stathis – Make your practice financially viable
- Anne Ortelee – A business plan
- Robert Woodliff and Leisa Schaim (AFAN) – Legal issues in astrology practice
- Wendy Stacey – Times change
- Monica Dimino – Establishing a feedback loop in your professional practice
- Jacqueline L. Janes – Counseling techniques for the advisory astrologer
- Arlan way – writing and astrology
- Frank C. Clifford – In Print: A Practical Guide for Astrology Writers
- Alexandra Karakostas – The power of the peer group in astrology
- Kay Taylor – Professional development and the community of astrology
- Interviews with professional astrologers, including Steven Forrest, Melanie Reinhart, Kim Marie, Chris Brennan, Hakan Kirkoglu, Caroline Casey, Madalyn Hillis-Dineen, Linea Van Horn, Donna Woodwell, Ray Merriman and Aleksandar Imsiragic.
- Resource index – Nancy Beale
Listen to this episode
You can either play this episode of the podcast directly from the website or download it as an MP3 to your computer using the following buttons: